Pavilion Gardens Café
Tea Room/Coffee Shop
Royal Pavilion Grounds
AboutPavilion Gardens Cafe established in 1941 and family run is in the heart of Brighton between the Theatre Royal and the Royal Pavilion and adjacent to Brighton Museum, The Dome and the Pavilion Theatre.
This is a mainstay of Brighton life, a popular summer outdoor meeting place and a thriving attraction for residents, business people and visitors to the City. You can sit, relax and enjoy the Pavilion Gardens and your surroundings whilst watching the world go by. Obviously it is far more busy and popular when the weather's nice, Brightonians love it.
There is a wide variety of tea, coffee, homemade cakes, freshly made sandwiches, baguettes, salads and baked potatoes on offer. Without doubt the best tea and home-made rock cakes in the heart of the city. These are served by excellent long serving and helpful staff. It is ideal for people with children, the grownups can have their coffee and the children are free to run around and play on the lawn. Even nearby New Road is now partly pedestrianized. There are also clean, well regulated public toilets at the edge of the gardens. Summer Concert Bands play 2-4pm on Sundays June-September with deckchairs available.
Map & Directions
Enter the Pavilion Estate via New Road, Princes Place, North Gate Entrace at the bottom of Church Street or Pavilion Buildings.
Public Transport Directions
Brighton Railway Station is approximately 10 minutes walk.Local buses stop within walking distance in North Street.
- Al fresco dining
- In town/city centre
- Unique venue
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Disabled Parking - In New Road
- Disabled persons toilet - In nearby public toilets.
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Toilets for disabled visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - all children and babies welcome.
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
- Children's play area - on Pavilion Lawn.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Cater for vegetarians
- Meals served all day
- Outdoor eating area
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Special diets catered for
- Take away food
- Take away service
- Vegetarians catered for
- Dogs welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Groups accepted
- Live Music
- Local Produce
- Number of covers - 150
- Number of people seated - 150
- Open on bank holidays
- Pets accepted - on leads.
- Smokers welcome
- Stag and hen parties welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
DINING / BAR AREAS
TOILET - FOR CUSTOMERS WHO USE A WHEELCHAIR
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|2016 (1 May 2016 - 30 Sept 2016)|