Getting married in Brighton is funky, fun and fashionable
Funky, fun and fashionable, as well as compact, with an amazing range of great hotels, it's ideally situated for travel by air, road and rail. And with such a great range of wedding venues in Brighton, you'll be spoilt for choice for the big day.
And with it's thriving LGBT community, gay and lesbian friendly hotels, bustling nightlife and laid back, cosmopolitan atmosphere, Brighton is also the top place in the country for same-sex weddings. Find out more on Marriages & Civil Partnerships in Brighton in our LGBT Brighton section.
Planning a wedding in Brighton
If you're planning a wedding in Brighton, here are some useful resources to get you started...
From the traditional venue to the decadently extravagant and even the downright quirky, you'll find a great selection of wedding venues in Brighton to choose from.
Need help arranging a wedding in Brighton?
Get everything you want from your wedding completely hassle free, with the help of Brighton and Hove Registry Office - free advice on wedding arrangements from the ceremony to the wedding music…
Weddings in Brighton - Shopping
For ravishing rings, dresses to die for and pretty much everything else you might need for your wedding in Brighton, check out our Shopping section...
Weddings in Brighton - Transport
Impress your guests by hiring a vintage 1965 maroon and cream Routemaster double decker bus to transport them.
Weddings in Brighton - Hotels
From the luxurious Grand to stunning boutiques, we've got some amazing places to stay too. Visit our accommodation section to find out more.
Brighton wedding venues
The venues below all have wedding licenses. From the more traditional venue to the extravagance of historic buildings like the Royal Pavilion, Brighton is pretty much guaranteed to make any wedding special.
Hotels in Brighton & Hove
Make things easy and do it all at the hotel. Catering is usually available and at the end of the night you can just flop into bed….
- The Brighton Hotel - friendly, Grade II listed, seafront hotel opposite the famous Brighton Bandstand & moments from the West Pier & British Airways i360.
- The Claremont - first in the City to be awarded the prestigious 5 star guest accommodation.
- Hilton Brighton Metropole - elegant Victorian hotel situated in a prime position on Brighton's cosmopolitan seafront.
- Drakes Hotel - opulent and serene design on Brighton's seafront.
- Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront - great views out to sea and moments from the beach.
- My Brighton - 'a hotel where Freddie Mercury might have met the Maharishi'.
- Old Ship Hotel - immense character and rich history on Brighton seafront.
- The Grand Hotel - luxury in a prime seaside location.
- Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront Hotel - luxury hotel overlooking the sea and backing onto 'The Lanes'.
- Hotel du Vin - boutique hotel situated in The Lanes, just a short walk from the beach.
- Blanch House - This stylish Kemp Town hotel has a 'green' ethos for weddings & civil partnerships.
Steeped in heritage, Brighton offers a cultural cauldron of venues for the most discerning wedding ceremony…
- The Royal Pavilion - one of the most dazzling and exotic buildings in the British Isles.
- The Mayor's Parlour - part of the impressive Brighton Town Hall, moments from the beach.
- Angel House - This stunning Regency home makes a beautiful backdrop for the special day.
- Brighton Dome & Corn Exchange - another architectural gem in the city centre.
Your chance to be a bit quirky!
- Proud Cabaret - With its baroque decor 'the ballroom' is a fabulous place for a wedding.
- Brighton Racecourse - set high on the Sussex Downs, with stunning views over Brighton & Hove and the English Channel.
- American Express Community Stadium - A must for footie fans! Get married within the home ground of Brighton & Hove Albion FC.
- The Sussex County Ground - get hitched in a cricket ground (howzat!) - home ground of the country's oldest cricket club.
- Yellowave Beach Sports - sun and sand on Brighton's beachfront.
- Brighton Pier - the famous pier and everything that comes with it.