St Andrew's Church
Contact DetailsWaterloo Street
Tel: +44 (0)1634 845944
Set back from the seafront, this Regency church was built to serve the expanding resorts of Hove and Brighton. Designed in 1827 by the famous architect Sir Charles Barry, its Italian Renaissance style perfectly matches the symmetry and grandeur of the neighbouring squares and terraces. Extended in the 1880s, the church was further beautified in 1925 when Randoll Blacking added superb baldacchinos for altar and font to fulfil the parish priest's desire that St Andrew's should become 'a little bit of Italy in Waterloo Street'. A fine series of 19th century monuments forms an excellent introduction to the good and great who worshipped here in the church's heyday.
Church open most Sunday afternoons and for cultural events.
The opening Service was held in 1828.
No regular services.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open All Year|
|01/01/2013 - 31/12/2013|
* 2012 Opening hours: most Sunday afternoons.