St Michael & All Angels Church, Brighton
Church / Chapel
Please adhere to all government guidelines currently in place, go to: www.visitbrighton.com/coronavirus-covid-19 for up to date city information
The Parish Church of Saint Michael and All Angels is a Grade One listed building and one of the finest Victorian churches in the country.
It consists of two churches in one; the first designed by G F Bodley and built in 1861-62 (now the south aisle of the church) and the second completed in 1893-95 to a design by William Burgess.
The Church is noted for its magnificient architecture, sculpture and woodwork. It hosts a nationally important collection of Victorian textiles, as well as its superb collection of stained glass windows by the pre-Raphelites, particularly William Morris and Edward Burne-Jones and a recently authenticated piece by Rossetti.
A joy not to be missed!
Map & Directions
From the Clock Tower, travel up Dyke road, take second left into Clifton Terrace
Public Transport Directions
Brighton Railway Station is within walking distance.Local buses stop within walking distance.
- Accessible Lift
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Wheelchair user accessible
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Open Saturday mornings only - 0845-1030.
- Event Venue
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for weddings & ceremonies
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Max group size - 25
- Min group size - 0
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- In town/city centre
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Maximum 25 people
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wi-fi available
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Opening Times
We are a welcoming and inclusive church and the Mass times are as follows
Sunday: Sung Mass 10.30
If you would like to visit the church outside of the Parish Mass times this is by appointment only through the Parish Administrator at email@example.com / 01273 822284
Cooked breakfasts in the community hall every Saturday morning (no access to the church):
Open 8.45 am – and last orders are at 10.30