Sea Life Brighton
Let us take you on a fascinating journey through the original Victorian architecture of the oldest operating aquarium in the world. Based opposite the iconic pier, SEA LIFE Brighton was built in 1872 and features 3,500 mesmerising creatures including inquisitive sea turtles and magnificent sharks.
Here at SEA LIFE Brighton you can see them all - from the curious and the rescued to the rare and the enigmatic. And you’ll be able to get closer to them than ever before.
VIP FEEDING EXPERIENCES
Booking one of our NEW feeding experiences means you can meet and feed our most awe-inspiring creatures. Feed and learn more about our turtles, sharks or rays! Come face to fin with some of the most fascinating creatures on Earth as you take the experiences in our 750,000 litre ocean tank. Find out more and pre-book your feeding experience online.
FEEDING TIMES & TALKS
During your visit be sure to take in a feed or two! There are animal feeds taking place throughout the day in different areas of the attraction so you can see for yourself just how fast our Green Sea Turtles swim, what a Seahorse eats and how many fish it takes to satisfy a hungry shark! Every feed is accompanied by a family-friendly, fact-filled talk by a member of our Guest Experience team to ensure that you leave with a head filled with amazing discoveries and cool creature facts!
BEHIND THE SCENES TOUR *
There’s a lot going on beneath the surface at SEA LIFE Brighton and now you can team up with our expert aquarist guides to go deep behind the scenes and discover how we care for our marine and fresh-water creatures.
You’ll have privileged access to the working areas usually closed to the public where you can learn about our extensive breeding, research and conservation programmes and see how the fish food is prepared!
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT EXPERIENCE *
Admire sharks, turtles, rays and tropical fish as they swim under your feet on the UK’s first indoor Glass Bottom Boat. Experience our incredible 750,000 litre Ocean Display from a whole new perspective and enjoy a unique snorkeler’s view of our green sea turtles Lulu and Gulliver.
Keep an eye out on our website and social pages for events throughout the year.
*A small additional charge applies to these experiences
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2 + persons £14.50 each on the door||£14.50 per ticket|
|Individual on the door||£17.50|
Reduced price tickets for £10.00 per person are available in advance from the Brighton Centre Box Office, Kings Road or £9.95 per person via the Sea Life website.
Map & Directions
From M23, follow signs for Sea Life Centre and seafront, situated adjacent to Brighton Pier.
There is pay and display parking at Madeira Drive.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station: Brighton is 1 mile. Walk straight down to the seafront and turn left. Sea Life is adjacent to the Pier.
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Disabled Parking - on Madeira Drive.
- Disabled persons toilet
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Large print maps available
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Induction Loop System - Induction loop at admission area
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Ramp/Level Access - apart from auditorium.
- Wheelchair user accessible - apart from auditorium.
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - on Madeira Drive.
- On street parking only
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Approx length of visit - 1.5 - 2 hours. Ticket valid all day.
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free - with trade pass.
- Visa accepted
- All weather attraction
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Event Venue
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- No Pets
- Open all year round - excluding 25th December.
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 10.
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|2016-13 (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* Open daily at 10am. Closed on Christmas Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change