Volks Electric Railway
Britain's oldest electric railway built in 1883, running for one and a quarte r miles along the top of the beach from the Aquarium Station near Brighton Pier to the Marina. Trains every 15 mins. Cafe and toilets opposite.
Contact Maurice Curran the Schools Booking Officer on 01273 292718 or visit -http://volkselectricrailway.co.uk/visit-us/arrange-a-school-visit/
You can also fill out an enquiry form on the railway Volunteers site - http://volkselectricrailway.co.uk/visit-us/arrange-a-school-visit/
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult return fare||£3.60 per ticket|
|Adult single fare||£2.60 per ticket|
|Child return fare||£2.10 per ticket|
|Child single fare||£1.60 per ticket|
|Family return||£9.30 per ticket|
|Family single||£6.90 per ticket|
Please check website for current oprices.
Map & Directions
Immediately east of Brighton Pier
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station: Brighton is 1 mileLocal buses stop nearby
- In town/city centre - On the beach, east of Brighton Pier.
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction - Enclosed carriages available on train.
- Accessible Lift - Madeira Lift near to Half Way Station.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - Wheelchairs must be folded to fit on trains.
- Disabled Parking - nearby (Madeira Drive).
- Disabled persons toilet - nearby at each end.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible - provided wheelchair user is able to alight from wheelchair into train carriage and wheelchair is folded
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Baby changing - Near Half Way Station.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Outdoor children’s play area
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - Nearby (Madeira Drive}.
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (charge) - Nearby (Madeira Drive).
- Railway station within 5 miles - Brighton Railway Station - 1 mile.
- Railway station within walking distance - Brighton Railway Station - 1 mile.
- Secure cycle parking
- Cafe - nearby.
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area - nearby.
- Picnic area - nearby.
- Refreshments Available
- Take away food - nearby.
- Approx length of visit - 30 mins - 1 hour
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Booking essential - For Groups & Schools
- Groups Accepted
- Special group rates
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Beer Garden
- Dogs admitted on a lead - max 1 per person.
- Dogs welcome
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours - Occasional.
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
- Toilets - nearby.
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups - Occasional talks for school groups via prior arrangement.
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted - Booking advised.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|2016 (31 Mar 2016 - 29 Sept 2016)|
|Tuesday - Thursday||10:15||- 17:00*|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:15||- 18:00*|
* Open: Easter-end of September.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change