Theatre Royal Brighton
Theatre Royal Brighton is one of the oldest and most distinguished theatres in the country.
The auditorium of the grade II listed building, which is located at the heart of the city’s cultural quarter, represents an example of the finest regency architecture.
The theatre has presented professional productions continuously since 1807 and most of our leading actors and actresses have performed here. Rowan Atkinson, Rupert Everett, Dawn French, Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Zoë Wanamaker and Dominic West and are among those who have appeared on Theatre Royal Brighton’s stage in recent years.
In addition to presenting a programme of quality drama, much of which comes direct from the West End or is previewing before a London run, the theatre’s programme includes ballet, music, comedy, opera and children’s shows.
Alongside productions on the main stage, the theatre regularly stages productions in various locations throughout the building: in the cavernous under stage area, the Gallery Bar, the dressing rooms and in the wings of the stage.
Each Saturday morning throughout summer, the theatre holds backstage tours, allowing visitors the chance to peek behind the scenes of this fascinating and much loved historic building.
Ticket prices vary
Map & Directions
From Old Steine go up North Street, New Road 1st on right, theatre on left opposite the Pavilion Gardens.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station: Brighton is 1 miles
- In town/city centre
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Sennheiser infrarad on all shows
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Audio description on some shows, braille brochures available on request.
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - on New Road
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - NCP Church Street. Special rate.
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Bar, snacks and confectionery
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Groups Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10 + group discounts available on certain shows.
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Event Venue
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Open Christmas - not chrismas Day but all others
- Open New Year
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.