Getting to Brighton & Hove is easy and once you arrive you will find it simple to get around this compact city.
Within this section you will find all the Brighton Travel Information you will need. Brighton & Hove has a number of access routes and is:
- just under an hour by rail from London
- about 45 minutes by road from the M25 London orbital motorway
- half-an-hour from London Gatwick Airport
- on a direct rail link from the Eurostar Service at St Pancras
- accessible by regular coach connections from London Heathrow and London Gatwick airports
- within easy access of Northern France from the nearby port of Newhaven
- only 1.5 – 2 hours by motorway from the major ports of Dover, Portsmouth and Southampton.
For Accessible Public Transport information please download our factsheet (Word 84 KB)
See our Getting Here page for more details.
Brighton & Hove is so compact, that once you’re here, you might find it easiest to explore the city on foot. But whatever you decide, travel is Brighton is easy. You should find the information you need in the sections below.