The Regency Town House
Historic House / Palace
The Regency Town House opening hours
Admission by pre-booked ticket only between April and October annually.
The Regency Town House is a grade 1 listed terraced property of the 1820s, built as a part of architect Charles Busby's 'Brunswick Town’ estate.
Today, the House is being developed as a museum and heritage centre with a focus on the architecture and social history of Brighton & Hove between the 1780s and 1840s.
Our main building at 13 Brunswick Square and its Basement Annexe a few doors away at number 10 are being restored to their former glory by specialists and our team of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers.
Years of accumulated paint layers have been removed, plasterwork and mouldings have been repaired and original finishes are been analysed and recreated. This provides an insight into the building materials and techniques that were used in the past and allows us to keep traditional practices alive today, as we learn how to recreate them.
To progress the restoration process, our volunteers organize fund-raising events, including supper clubs, performances, readings and recitals. Our rooms can also be hired for art and photography exhibitions and events such as readings, book launches, and small functions.
Our activities are funded through The Brunswick Town Charitable Trust, (No. 1012216), a registered UK charity set up to support the project in 1992.
Additional Accessibility Information
Some staff have specialised disability knowledge or skills
Some staff who have contact with visitors have had disability awareness training
Non-smoking policy throughout the attraction
Some routes / pathways throughout the attraction suitable for visitors with limited mobility
There is an audible alarm system
Please contact the venue for further information.
£10.00 per ticket for House Tour or Town Walk
£7.00 per ticket
Carers accompanying disabled visitors go free. For information about our accessibility, see: http://www.rth.org.uk/visiting-us/wheelchair-access
We welcome all unaccompanied children aged 14 and above to our site. Children under the age of 14 will need to be accompanied by a person aged over 16.
Map & Directions
From Brighton Palace Pier, travel west along Kingsway (A259), Brunswick Square is on the right, The Regency Town House is on the right side (east side) of the Square.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway stations: Brighton and Hove are approximately equidistant from The Regency Town House, distance 1.2 miles. Numerous local buses stop nearby.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - Ground Floor Only
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Information on Audio Tape on Request
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - On Request
- Ramp / Level Access - Ground Floor Only
- Wheelchair user accessible - Ground Floor Only
- Catering Provided - By Arrangement
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Refreshments Available
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Audio Tours
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Event Venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use - Nearby
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement - Event durations approx 1.5 hours
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for weddings & ceremonies
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas - 25 & 26 December, closes at 2pm on 24 December.
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Toilets - Ground floor, we regret we do not offer dedicated facilities for disabled visitors
Parking & Transport
- On street parking only - Various commercial car parks off site, e.g., NCP, within 20 minute walk
- Railway station within walking distance
- American Express accepted
- Approx length of visit - 1 Hour
- Cash Accepted
- Groups Accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 53
- Min group size - 20
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted - With Passport
- TIC Staff Admitted Free - With Trade Pass
- Visa accepted
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Open for pre booked visits in the summer