English's of Brighton
Please adhere to all government guidelines currently in place, go to: www.visitbrighton.com/coronavirus-covid-19 for up to date city information.
The South’s leading independent seafood restaurant & oyster bar offers you both classical favourites & modern seafood dishes coupled with friendly yet attentive service.
Whether you choose to dine in our recently re-styled dining rooms, at our original marble-topped oyster bar or our comfortable, heated, al fresco terrace with views over the bustling square, you can enjoy our extensive a la carte menu or one of our simpler set-menus. English’s is unique in that it has been serving seafood on this site since the 1890’s and remains family owned and operated.
Whilst tastes have changed over the years, our ethos of quality seafood, warm welcome, attentive service and value for money remains unchanged.
We also pride ourselves on our wine list, which now offers you over 120 wines, each one personally chosen by us for your enjoyment. Our range of wines by the glass and carafe is also extensive and excellent value.
For parties we can seat up to 55 guests over 3 inter-connecting dining rooms on the first floor. More information can be found by locating our website, Facebook page or Twitter feed.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Map & Directions
Located in the centre of the Lanes just north of East Street
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Ramp to main entrance
- Steps to main entrance
- Cater for vegetarians
- Full liquor licence
- Meals served all day
- Outdoor eating area
- Private dining areas
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Special diets catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's Meals
- Children's menu
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Available for wedding receptions
- Bring your own drink (corkage charge) - £10
- Dogs admitted on a lead - outside Terrace only.
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups accepted
- Groups by arrangement - up to 40
- Local Produce
- Number of covers - 80 indoors. 50 outside.
- Number of people seated - 70 outdoors. 50 indoors.
- Open all year round - Closed Christmas Day & Boxing Day
- Open on bank holidays
- Pre/post theatre menu
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Private rooms
- Wine Selection
Parking & Transport
- On street parking only
- Railway station within walking distance
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Al fresco dining
- In town/city centre
- Unique venue
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
DINING / BAR AREAS
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
|2021-14 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Closed: Christmas Day & Boxing Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change