Top 17 Ways to Get Active
Was getting active one of your new year’s resolutions?
Don’t panic - you don’t have to sign up to a gym to get moving in 2017. Why not book a sporty break in Brighton and try one of these great activates to get you moving and to inspire to get active and be fit in 2017? From watersports to country walks there are plenty of ways to get moving that will help you to have fun whilst getting fitter.
Here are our 17 ways to get active in 2017:
- Take advantage of the city’s seaside location by trying one of a huge variety of watersports including sailing, wakeboarding and stand-up paddle boarding.
- Enjoy scenic country views whilst playing a round of golf at Hollingbury Golf Course.
- Fancy getting on your bike but worried about the infamous Brighton hills? Why not try an electric bike to help get you going?
- The only place you’ll find sand on Brighton beach is at Yellowave where you can play any beach sport you can think of!
- Release your inner monkey and swing from the trees at Go Ape Tree Top Adventure.
- Take to the waves with a sea kayaking or canoeing session with BK Kayaking.
- For something a bit more unusual why not try an escape the room game? We reckon running around solving clues is a great way to get moving! Try Handmade Mysteries or Bewilder Box.
- Escape the city and head into the countryside for a So Sussex activity day of fishing, boating, walking or cycling.
- Work on your arms with a climbing session at High Sports Climbing Centre.
- Hire a bike and pedal your way along the seafront or into the surrounding countryside.
- Want to exercise and learn something new? Book on a themed walking tour to discover the city’s history or spooky sites.
- Try a cheerleading dance class with Adventure Connections.
- Book a one-on-one yoga session at Natural Balance.
- Explore the great outdoors with a Hatt Adventures mountaineering session.
- Enjoy the bracing sea air and walk the seafront promenade from Hove Lagoon to Brighton Marina.
- Join a guided bike tour to see more of the city whilst still getting fit.
- Hop on a bus into the South Downs countryside for a picturesque hike.
Discover more activities in our Things to Do section or use the search bar above.