Hove Museum & Art Gallery
19 New Church Road
Please adhere to all government guidelines currently in place, go to: www.visitbrighton.com/coronavirus-covid-19 for up to date city information
Hove Museum & Art Gallery is one of the most family friendly and accessible museums in the south east.
Children and families will enjoy the interactive toy gallery, designed with the theme of a wizard's attic. Highlights include a mock up of the Wizard's workshop for broken toys and a bedroom split by time, half modern-day and half Victorian.
Hove's role in the birth of cinema is celebrated in the film gallery with working optical toys, magic lanterns and cameras. The gallery features the pioneering Hove film-makers of the 1890s and 1900s, including footage of their films.
Two contemporary craft galleries display the Southern and South East Arts Craft Collection. The main craft gallery showcases star objects from the collection and introduces some of the key craft pioneers of the 20th century. The second gallery explores the process of craft making.
The story of Hove and Portslade from prehistoric times to the present day is explored in the local history gallery, with displays including Hove's famous prehistoric Amber Cup.
The paintings gallery features changing displays drawn from the Museum's fine art collections.
For more information about the galleries, facilities, exhibitions and associated activities, telephone (03000) 290900. The Hove Museum pages on www.brightonmuseums.org.uk also have lots of background information.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Map & Directions
Off the A279, and A2023 on New Church Road (B2066)
Public Transport Directions
Hove Railway Staition - 15-20 minutes walkBuses 1, 1A, 6, 6A, 49 stop near the entrance
- Accessible Lift
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - onsite designated parking for visitors with disabilities
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Wheelchair user accessible
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Event Venue
- LGBT Friendly
- Open all year round
Parking & Transport
- On street parking only - On street parking meters
- Railway station within walking distance
- American Express accepted
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Euros accepted
- Groups Accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|2021-14 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Closed Wednesdays. Open Bank Holiday Monday.
Telephone for Christmas and New Year closures.