Varley Park is the University of Brighton’s dedicated all year round conference centre. With five purpose built conference rooms Varley is perfect for training days, meetings or networking events.
Whether small or large events, the conference rooms’ flexible spaces all come with audio visual equipment in each room and free Wi-Fi as standard.
Being attached to the halls of residence, Varley also offers on site accommodation available during the summer vacation period for longer running courses.
Southcoast Conferences offer all-inclusive day delegate packages as well as bespoke packages to suit all occasions and budgets.
There are also a wide range of classrooms, lecture theatres and halls on other campuses across Brighton University and over 1855 bedrooms available during July, August and September. Ideal for conferences, courses, group visits or simply a short stay in Brighton.
If you are interested in finding out more or would like to discuss your event in more detail then please feel free to contact us.
Conference Room list Capacity range
Southdown Suite 28-60
Fairlight Cove 24-54
Southcoast Suite 84-128
- Accessible Lift
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Induction Loop System
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Wheelchair user accessible - limited but possible although improvements in place.
- Banqueting - Pre booked options available.
- Bar - Private bar requires pre booking.
- Catering Provided - Various package options available.
- Full liquor licence
- Kitchen Facilities
- Lunch available, table service - Various options available.
- Refreshments Available
- Serve Breakfast - by prior arrangement
- Serve evening meal - By prior arrangement.
- Serve lunch - by prior arrangement
- Special diets catered for - By prior arrangement.
- Vegetarians catered for - By prior arrangement.
- Vending Facilities
- Accessibility for Unloading
- Computer Projection
- Desks / Tables
- Faxing facilities
- Flipcharts Available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- In House Audio Visual Technicians - Available on request (poss cost incurred).
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Meeting rooms
- Natural Daylight
- No Pets
- No smoking in dining area
- On Site Accommodation - yes in vacation. July,August, September
- Open all year round - Varley Park
- Open on bank holidays
- Overhead Projector
- Permit external audio visual technicians
- Photocopier - On site.
- Projection Screen
- Stage Lighting - In some rooms.
- Tiered Seating
- TV & Video Available
- Wireless Internet Access - in some rooms
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - On some campuses
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Countryside Setting - stunning views of south downs.
- Some no smoking areas - All non smoking
Room / Unit Features
- Black Out facilities all rooms
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Internet access all rooms
- Ironing facilities in most rooms
- Modem point all rooms
- Modem point some rooms
- Baggage Storage
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Free accommodation for coach driver
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
|2022-14 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
One Garden Brighton is a free to enter destination garden, a place to connect with nature…0.4 miles away
With its beautiful woodland walks and extensive open lands, Stanmer Park is just as…0.49 miles away
The Keep is a world-class centre for archives that opens up access to all the collections…0.83 miles away
The Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts is a state-of-the-art cultural hub for the…0.93 miles away
The award-winning American Express Community Stadium opened in 2011 and is home to…1.15 miles away
THE CERAMIC HOUSE is the creation of architectural ceramicist Kay Aplin, who has…1.64 miles away
Discover 250+ Sussex Walks on your mobile.1.81 miles away
Located on the Downs above Patcham, The Chattri is a monument dedicated to the Indian…2.02 miles away
Homeward Bound is an hour long sea shanty learning experience either on land or out at…2.2 miles away
A delightful manor house with the interior of an Edwardian home containing ceramics,…2.33 miles away
A beautiful 800 year old church that stands in the landscaped garden of Preston Manor,…2.33 miles away
Our taproom will always be pouring a wide range of UnBarred beers in Keg, including some…2.56 miles away
Discover Brighton - a series of history walks created by the people that live here2.59 miles away
Church open *10.00am-1.00pm Mondays to Fridays, 10-4pm Saturdays.
Services* : Monday:…2.65 miles away
Great British Wine Tours will transport you out of the city and into the beautiful Sussex…2.68 miles away
Join your friendly local guide for tours of this unique part of England when we explore…2.68 miles away