Sea Life Brighton
We are open, however, the health and safety of our guests and team is our absolute priority and we will take all necessary precautions to ensure their welfare so further to the Government’s recommendations on social distancing, we have made the decision to temporarily suspend our daily talks and feeds programme as a precautionary measure. We will continue to follow Government advice and act accordingly
The World’s Oldest Operating Aquarium
Let us take you on a fascinating journey through the original Victorian architecture of the oldest operating aquarium in the world. Based opposite the iconic pier, SEA LIFE Brighton was built in 1872 and features 5,500 mesmerising creatures including Rays, Sharks, Turtles, Terrapins, Star Fish, Seahorses and an Anaconda! Here at SEA LIFE Brighton you can see them all - from the curious and the rescued to the rare and the enigmatic.
Experience the Ocean by Day & Night
In 2019 SEA LIFE Brighton launched a state of the art new attraction Day & Night. The first of its kind in the UK, Day & Night offers guests the chance to experience the 24-hour wonder of a coral reef as it moves through the day in 750,000 litre display. Dance along the bio-florescent tropical shore and marvel in the beauty of coral reefs. Explore the caves of the deep and imagine yourself as a lionfish. Journey through our underwater tunnel or marvel at our floor to ceiling NEW viewing window and wave hello to the Sharks, Rays and Tropical Fish! PLUS welcome back SEA LIFE Brighton’s much loved Green Turtles Lulu & Gulliver!
Take a ride on our Glass Bottom Boat Experience!*
Wow! Meet our amazing ocean creatures from a new perspective on our Glass Bottom Boat ride experience totally unique to SEA LIFE Brighton. Glide over the water and say hello to our inquisitive turtles and our jawsome sharks while our marine experts explain what makes them so weird and wonderful!
Up to six people can enjoy a ten minute trip over the Ocean Tunnel, but all guests must be from the same household/bubble, and face coverings/masks must be worn.
*You can add on the glass bottom boat experience for a small additional charge when buying or reserving your visit online- please book a slot at least 30 minutes after your entry time.
Under 3s: Free
Online tickets from £10.50*
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Map & Directions
From M23, follow signs for Sea Life Centre and seafront, situated adjacent to Brighton Pier.
There is pay and display parking at Madeira Drive.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station: Brighton is 1 mile. Walk straight down to the seafront and turn left. Sea Life is adjacent to the Pier.
- Disabled Parking - on Madeira Drive.
- Disabled persons toilet
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Large print maps available
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Induction Loop System - Induction loop at admission area
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Ramp/Level Access - apart from auditorium.
- Wheelchair user accessible - apart from auditorium.
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- All weather attraction
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Event Venue
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- No Pets
- Open all year round - excluding 25th December.
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - on Madeira Drive.
- On street parking only
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Approx length of visit - 1.5 - 2 hours. Ticket valid all day.
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free - with trade pass.
- Visa accepted
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 10.
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|2022-13 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Open from 10am , closing times vary please check the official website for further details. Open every day except Christmas Day’