Book Tickets Online
Volk’s Electric Railway is a fascinating piece of living history on Brighton’s beautiful seafront. As the oldest working electric railway in the world, we’re proud to have been transporting passengers in style since 1883.
Boarding our perfectly preserved cars you'll be transported back to the Victorian era of innovation and ingenuity. You’ll then travel our mile-long beachfront line, bathing in the sights and sounds of our scenic coastline. What better way to experience the enduring spirit of the British seaside holiday?
As a true one-off, we’re dedicated to remaining an integral part of the nation’s seaside heritage for generations to come.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult return fare||£6.20 per ticket|
|Adult single fare||£4.80 per ticket|
|Child (age 3-14) return fare||£3.85 per ticket|
|Child (age 3-14) single fare||£3.00 per ticket|
|Senior Return||£4.80 per ticket|
|Senior Single||£3.40 per ticket|
|To Half Way Adult Return||£4.80 per ticket|
|To Half Way Adult Single||£3.00 per ticket|
|To Halfway Child Return||£3.00 per ticket|
|To Halfway Child Single||£2.05 per ticket|
Children under 3 free
Please note that we are a cashless attraction. Debit cards, major credit cards and contactless payments are welcome
- Accessible Lift - Madeira Lift near to Half Way Station.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - Wheelchairs must be folded to fit on trains.
- Disabled Parking - nearby (Madeira Drive).
- Disabled persons toilet - nearby at each end.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible - provided wheelchair user is able to alight from wheelchair into train carriage and wheelchair is folded
- Cafe - At Aquarium station
- Food Shop on site
- Outdoor eating area - At Aquarium Station cafe
- Refreshments Available
- Take away food - nearby.
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Baby changing - At Aquarium Station and near Half Way Station.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Dogs admitted on a lead - max 1 per person.
- Dogs welcome
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours - Occasional.
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Toilets - nearby.
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - Nearby (Madeira Drive}.
- On site parking close by
- Railway station within walking distance - Brighton Railway Station - 1 mile.
- Secure cycle parking
- Groups Accepted
- Special group rates
- In town/city centre - On the beach, east of Brighton Pier.
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups - Occasional talks for school groups via prior arrangement.
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted - Booking advised.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|2023 (1 Apr 2023 - 30 Sept 2023)|
|Wednesday - Friday||10:15||- 17:15|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:15||- 18:15|
* Open April to end of September including Bank Holidays.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
The Brighton Zip is the longest zip line on the south coast and an amazing experience for…0.05 miles away
The Tunnel has been re-decorated to include a wonderful array of portraits of some of the…0.09 miles away
Bake Awake Baking School offers fun and easy recipes to bake while applying the…0.13 miles away
Discover a magical underwater world filled with a dazzling array of amazing creatures. …0.14 miles away
Beryl BTN Bikes is run by Beryl in partnership with Brighton & Hove City Council. The…0.13 miles away
Palace Pier is a 1,722ft long Victorian pier, located in the heart of Brighton and Hove’s…0.15 miles away
Britain's first beach sports centre and Brighton's only sandy beach.
We offer beach…0.15 miles away
Situated opposite Brighton’s iconic palace pier, R-Bar is your favourite queer bar, with…0.16 miles away
Pier Nine is Brighton’s new 24/7 venue that allows you to experience anything from…0.19 miles away
Bustling Brighton & Hove promenade is perfect for a leisurely stroll where you will could…0.19 miles away
For over 30 years, Club Revenge has been the South Coast’s # 1 LGBTQ+ nightclub; renowned…0.2 miles away
Alcotraz is an immersive theatrical cocktail experience of the highest kind. From your…0.21 miles away
The Brighton Walk of Fame is the first ever official walk outside of Hollywood .0.22 miles away
Brighton City Sightseeing will take you on a fascinating whistle stop tour of the city.…0.22 miles away
Nominated Jazz Venue of the Year 2022/23. The Verdict has been named as one of the 10 top…0.24 miles away
A beautifully restored routemaster will take you on a tour of Brighton & Hove whilst…0.25 miles away