Volk's Electric Railway
Please adhere to all government guidelines currently in place, go to: www.visitbrighton.com/coronavirus-covid-19 for up to date city information
The world’s oldest working electric railway; built in 1883 and running for one and a quarter miles along the top of the beach from the Aquarium Station near Brighton Pier to the Marina. Trains every 15 mins.
No need to book. Just turn up and ride.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult return fare||£5.00 per ticket|
|Adult single fare||£3.90 per ticket|
|Child (age 3-14) return fare||£3.10 per ticket|
|Child (age 3-14) single fare||£2.40 per ticket|
|Family return||£13.10 per ticket|
|Family single||£9.60 per ticket|
|Senior Return||£3.90 per ticket|
|Senior Single||£2.70 per ticket|
Map & Directions
Immediately east of Brighton Pier
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station: Brighton is 1 mileLocal buses stop nearby
- Accessible Lift - Madeira Lift near to Half Way Station.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - Wheelchairs must be folded to fit on trains.
- Disabled Parking - nearby (Madeira Drive).
- Disabled persons toilet - nearby at each end.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible - provided wheelchair user is able to alight from wheelchair into train carriage and wheelchair is folded
- Cafe - nearby.
- Food Shop on site
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area - nearby.
- Picnic area - nearby.
- Refreshments Available
- Take away food - nearby.
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Baby changing - Near Half Way Station.
- Children’s packs
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Outdoor children’s play area
- All weather attraction
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Beer Garden
- Dogs admitted on a lead - max 1 per person.
- Dogs welcome
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours - Occasional.
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Toilets - nearby.
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - Nearby (Madeira Drive}.
- On site parking close by
- Parking (charge) - Nearby (Madeira Drive).
- Railway station within walking distance - Brighton Railway Station - 1 mile.
- Secure cycle parking
- Groups Accepted
- Special group rates
- In town/city centre - On the beach, east of Brighton Pier.
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups - Occasional talks for school groups via prior arrangement.
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted - Booking advised.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
|2021 (25 July 2021 - 30 Oct 2021)|
* Open: Easter-end of September.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change