AboutThe Chattri (which means umbrella in Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu) is a monument located in the South Downs near Patcham dedicated to the Indian Soldiers who died in the First World War
The monument is on the Downs above Patcham marks the site of the cremation place for Hindu and Sikh soldiers who died of their wounds at the Royal Pavilion Hospital during World War One.
It was unveiled in 1921 by the then Prince of Wales.
Site is accessible via a bridleway (walk, cycle, horseride) and forms part of a waymarked 'Chattri & the Windmills' route.
Map & Directions
- In countryside
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|